About Me

My photo
yo i'm Joe, love my games, love my warhammer, my anime, and all the great people in my life - find my stuff here

Tuesday 19 October 2010

Desktop: FINAL image and review

So after 6 weeks of work, planning, design and photoshop work here is my finished project, the final product. In photoshop i made use of alot of new skills and tools, magic wand (tolerance settings), the pen tool, inserting my own fonts, and ***insert what mel did here*** (something that outlined my picture of my drawn design) that really helped me outline my character on the desktop. here is the final piece (all pieces of design are in earlier blogspots, each with there own descrition etc) Enjoy:


I am quite happy with my final desktop:
There is plenty of room for the icons, it has the shipley college logo, the words Media Suite; some rules for the college (single words) and it has turned out very close to my design. The "guardians" colours i did well, adding darker brushes, adding shade etc. The glow on the centre affecting the guardian and asteroids worked better than expected. Now comes the bad news: I think it looks abit too colourful, some of the "rules" are not too readable, some of the words dont fit into the "sci-fi" style (however they were meant to stand out). 
   The "guardian" aswell does look abit garish compared to how i designed it, abit too bright and not spacey. I couldnt get the star-like background either, and the asteroids look abit rushed.
All in all however, i am happy with my desktop and really enjoyed doing it ^^

*** Review/Feedback from Group***

Many  said how some of the colouring  with the 6 points is too dark, so as you can see in the image above (e.g. with misconduct, used to be black) i have made changes accordingly, few other issues came up; as i said i can do better and have plenty of time now to learn more about photoshop, as i am only scratching the surface.

*** UPDATE*** i acidently saved over my final design with the upgrades, however as i said the only major changes were font colours. 


1 comment:

  1. great design man i like the different fonts and that lightnin is quality =)

    ReplyDelete