About Me

My photo
yo i'm Joe, love my games, love my warhammer, my anime, and all the great people in my life - find my stuff here

Thursday 22 September 2011

An introduction to Sound

On tuesday we had an introduction to the college sound studio - and chris gave us some rules and taught us somethings about the sound room.

So 1st some ground rules:
- No food or drink
- Dont listen to sound or music too loud
- using heavy equipment, bend knees and lift
- lots of cables will be being used, gaffa tape down to floor to avoid trip hazards and tidy them up accordingly.

We learnt and started to use a mixing deck - below are the dials / buttons / levers... contained in a "channel" all the other channels use the same set of dials and they are as follows:

- Gain
- High
- Mid
- Low
- Mon
- Digital Effects
- pan

I look forward to learning more in the sound room and using the equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment