About Me

My photo
yo i'm Joe, love my games, love my warhammer, my anime, and all the great people in my life - find my stuff here

Wednesday 26 January 2011

3-D LIGHTS!

 Well 1st off happy new year; havent done much to post on the blog since i start mainly because of the massive slew of powerpoint work and drawing work. Plus i was ill for 2 weeks missing some days and the 1st lesson on lighting in 3-D max; whilst i still have a ton of work to do, i have managed to catch up on some 3-D work and have pretty much learnt the target spot lights done before (clicking on standard lights, picking target spot and dragging it onto a plane or objects; messing with the settings; adding shadows to objects etc; although i havent been able to do much with it or get screenshots  of that) and today we made a box, got rid of some of the polygons, to make a room/tunnel/gutter; we then make this "flip" so it rendered and lit up the insides of the polygon. Then I made lampshades (upside down cones bascially) and added a target spot into that, then i made the light "volumetric" which means it the light beams, i.e. the volume of light (or spotlights and such); and then copied it along the corridor and this is what it ended up with:






 Chris then told us about other kinds of light, although we didnt get much time to mess with them, in the screenshot below I added some Omni lights, these just light up the entire area, depending on their size (etc). As you can see mine are small but at enough light to my corridor to show off the sides.




 

And with that, work is back on track; plenty to do, however again, due to amount of powerpoints the blog will look much emptier than it used to be until i can get more models done, and that some photos of my various drawings, keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment