About Me

My photo
yo i'm Joe, love my games, love my warhammer, my anime, and all the great people in my life - find my stuff here

Monday 12 March 2012

3-D work and update

The diary of my 3-D work is all being kept in a word document so on here I will post anything finished or non-3-D work that I can get done. I've managed to get an ok looking model for my university - it still needs some finishing touches but its basically there. Chris said that to get more than a pass I will need to create more of an environment. I look around and see the great work my classmates are doing and simply feel as though my word is of a much lower standard when it comes to this 3-D work; and now I have to try and build much more of an environment? well I suppose I can come up with a plane some chairs and tables to it will all be quite simple - and none of the groups work actually looks like it should go together much to my annoyance. They all had the backstory - my texture and the style - yet only one of 2 of my group members have taken up on that - 2 of them copying whats outside - another doing something completely irrelevant etc. But we are being marked on our own work - not the finished trailer - despite the fact is it that trailer we are showing off (the group also made a dubstep beat for the trailer when I was ill... a dubstep beat for a serious horror story game trailer? you know I dont know why i bother). Ive only 2 weeks or so - by the end of this week I will have the main model done and I may have some concepts of the other buildings done.

1 comment:

  1. HI Joe.....each of you are getting a 'comment' via BLOG....now I have got mine up n running again since the College domain changed...but all good so far!
    A few things that need to be uploaded:
    Production post that lists ALL your team members responsibilities on the whole project - this may help with aspects that you are confused with?
    3D environment - progress you are making - upload @ least 1 screen shot per week with a description for how things are going including subject terminology to highlight the skills you are applying.....this will show you how much you have done on a week by week basis.
    T-shirts post - your idea on Streetshirts & the FINAL design - who is making it?
    Web Banner Post - what is the final design? who made it? upload FINAL DESIGN
    DOn't foget you are part of a team - add the TEAM LOGO to the BLOG title banner.....no-one said it was going to be easy working in teams, but it is a valuable skill and a total necessity for the industry u want to go into...even more so @ Uni...yr doing fine...I hear the backstory voice over went well :D
    Finally...if u have to go early...I understand...but please...@ least say BYE...it come across as being rude...& I kno yr not...n its not a dig...just an observation.....see u Thurs for some drawing skills 10 till 12 in the SC.....BYE :D

    ReplyDelete